Top 10 Australian Business, Finance and Investing Sites
Use the Source Luke, use the source – Key Australian Finance, Business and Economic Data
- Australian Securities Exchange is the number one place for all company filings. The site also includes good educational material and charting on Australian shares for up to 10 years.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics for all the data on the economy, housing, national accounts and more scintillating economics data.
- Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) for Australian financial statistics, speeches, publications, research and more. Always worth browsing as this is the horses mouth. The following graph of consumer sentiment is from The Road to Recovery speech by RBA Governor Glenn Stevens.
Australian Business New Sources
- Australian Financial Review for current news.
- Business Age for more news.
- wotnews is an excellent aggregator of news on Australian companies
Before you start puking up news, lets move on to some data.
Australian Shares and Financial Data Providers
- S&P Australia and New Zealand Indices is a good source of data.
- InvestSMART Source data is always the best, but if you want a quick and dirty look at company data then InvestSMART is the best free site in Australia
- Yahoo!7 Finance
I hope you find these sites of use. I think these are the best Australian business sites. If you think I’ve missed any sites out that should be in the top ten then please leave a comment with a link.
Thanks for reading, here’s a few bonus sites.
- The Australian’s business section is worth a read too.
- Business Spectator for good free business news from some of Australia’s leading financial writers
- Finance News Network is OK for market updates
- Daily Reckoning has some good business content, but I seldom make it this far down my bookmarks.
All sites on this list are free to use. I’ll cover paid providers of opinion, stock recommendations for investors and data in another post.